Monday, December 19, 2005

And Can It Be...

that I should return? After almost 10 months of silence, I have now returned. Actually, I finished at the Nanjing Center in June, but life has been so frenetic that I have had little time to think, let alone blog.

So where am I now? Washington, D.C. Well, the D.C. area, to be exact. I moved out here in August.

Since coming to D.C., I have:
-gone to a Senator's house
-watched another Senator sing with Paul Shaffer (the piano man on the Dave Letterman Show)
-gone to the Supreme Court for the Rehnquist viewing
-seen the West Wing of the White House
-been unemployed
-found an amazing church (Capitol Hill Baptist Church on 5th and A, NE)
-been employed
-taken the LSAT
-seen Chris Rice in concert
-learned a ton about adoption (I work part-time at the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute [note: as of 2/6/2006, I no longer work at CCAI])
-learned a ton about Chinese law, which is my current professional interest
-been challenged spiritually, relationally, intellectually, and professionally.

It's been a good four months. I'll start with that.